Friday, June 22, 2007

first time and a fun gift bag


The boys made their first scrapbooks this morning! It was so cute, the whole time Ethan was saying, "it's fun scrapbooking, mama!" I took 5 sheets of patterned paper and cut them in half to share, then I let them pick some pictures and glue them on their papers (with a little help). Then we stapled them together at the top. They decorated them with stamps, stickers and markers. It was a lot of fun!!
We are going over to Perry's mom and dad's tonight for a birthday supper for his Grandma. I made a little gift bag from a paper lunch bag. I think that it turned out pretty cute! I added some handmade cards inside that all match as a little gift. To make the bag I cut the bottom part of the lunch bag off. There is a big crease in lunch bags right where the bottom part rests on it (not a very good explanation I know!) I cut it about an inch below the crease. Then I folded it about a 1/2" from the bottom and glued it and then folded it right along the crease to get a clean fold (still not making sense am I?) Then I cut a piece of patterned paper just smaller than the front of the bag and adhered that. I made a bag topper of cardstock and patterned paper. The cardstock can be cut to double whatever height you want it to be, but it should be slightly wider than your bag. Fold in half and cut some patterned paper slightly smaller than the front of the topper. I punched two holes in the topper and two in corresponding spots on the bag itself. I attached eyelets to the topper and fed a ribbon through the holes in the bag and out through the topper to tie closed. If I don't make any sense feel free to contact me if you want instructions!

3 comments:

Terry said...

What a great idea to have the boys do scrapbooking. It looks like they did a great job. I will bring some old pictures with us and some construction paper. If it rains they can do some glueing and painting. It will be fun. And your other project looks very interesting, very nice.

toners said...

The first day my dd scrapped with me, I was over the moon! And your gift is absolutely beautiful :)

Rachael said...

Awwww, that is so cute!!