Friday, February 9, 2007

personal manifesto


So, in the AEZine from Ali Edwards http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/, she talks about creating a manifesto:
What is a manifesto? According to my handy dandy computer
dictionary a manifesto is "a public declaration of policy and aims, esp. one
issued before an election by a political party or candidate." Essentially, it is
a cool, fancy name for a mission statement - a way to describe your overall
creative purpose.
She says to ask yourself these questions:

1.Why do I create?
2.What is the most important part of a scrapbook page for
me?
3.How does my attitude effect the outcome of my projects?
4.What are my personal truths related to scrapbooking and
creativity?
5.What do I tell myself each time I am working on a
project?
Here are some ideas on the answers I have:

1. I create for fun, enjoyment, love of the hobby, relaxation, me-time, to get away, to preserve photos, memories and thoughts, to make art. It helps me realize what I have.

2.Pictures! I am working on journalling more- I have trouble with putting thoughts down for others to read.

3.If I'm willing to be more free just to create I usually make things with more variety I allow myself to try new things. Even if I don't like the outcome, I have tried it. I will find my style this way, someday!

4.....

5.Just have fun. Don't worry about it. Just try it. If it doesn't work- oh well. (I have to tell myself these things or I'll never 'try' anything and I'll be too hard on myself. I have more fun when I keep these things in mind..)

So, we'll see if I come back to this manifesto thing, and end up with one for myself...

On another note, I'll be scrapping again tonight. My mom is taking one son and Perry's mom just called and she is taking the other. Fun!

No comments: