Monday, February 26, 2007

a day in the life


The Elsie challenge this week is to scrap a day in your life. I'm not sure I have the pics right now to do that, I will try to take some soon. But, I thought that I would write down a typical day here.
1:45am- Perry gets up for work.
4:45am- Ethan wakes up and goes to the kitchen, or living room- hopefully I hear him :) One day I didn't hear him and he got into the fridge and took out a LunchMate and opened it and started eating it, then he must have realised that there was a little KitKat in there, too. I guess he couldn't open it, so he got out the scissors and started cutting the wrapper. Then, he went and got another LunchMate from the fridge and only grabbed the KitKat out of it and did the same thing to it. Well, when I got up he had eaten both little chocolate bars and there were tiny shreds of wrapper all over the table and floor! What a guy!
After Ethan gets up I usually turn the TV on quietly for him and I check my email, 2peas and my blog.
5:30ish- Ethan eats breakfast. Then plays or watches TV until Gavin gets up.
7:30-8:00am- Gavin wakes up. Then we all eat. I do a load of laundry and try to straighten up the house. Kids have bath.
10ish- Perry gets home. He always calls me on his way back to town- which I love! Perry eats and a few days a week has a nap.
11ish- Gavin has a nap and a few days a week, Ethan does, too. Gavin will usually only sleep about 45min-1hr, Ethan usually 2-3hrs.
12ish- Gavin usually up first, he eats lunch then we play.
1-1:30- Ethan and Perry get up.
2ish- We usually have some kind of running around to do.
4-4:30pm- Eat supper.
6pm- Gavin goes to bed.
6:30-7pm- Ethan goes to bed.
8-9pm- Perry goes to bed.
9-10pm- I go to bed.
Of course every day is not the same, but that's a typical day when we don't have any other plans. Summer will be much more fun!
2peas challenge:
If you can remember going on a family vacation. What was your favorite and why?
We have always vacationed at a cottage up north. We didn't go every year, but we have probably been there half a dozen times- I think I'd rather go there than anywhere. It is full of memories and just relaxing and having fun with family. Perry and I celebrated our first anniversary there, I was so happy for him to go there. We are going this year again. It will be the first time that the kids have been on a vaction like this, so it will be alot of fun. My whole family is going- my mom and dad, my brother, my sister, her fiancee, their little boy, my grandparents, my other grandma, Perry, Ethan, Gavin and I- and I just found out that my aunt and her family might be in the area, too. It is going to be so much fun! I can't wait.

5 comments:

Heather said...

You have an early riser!!! Owen does that sometimes and I am NOT an early riser. I hope it isn't what becomes his regular time! That will make a great layout when you scrap it!

Lynn said...

Wow, You sure do have a full day. I don't remember my days being that full when my kids were younger, but I guess it was. I also worked full time then.
Your vacation sounds wonderful. I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

toners said...

Neither of my kids ever woke before 6am, thank goodness! Your cottage trip sounds like lots of fun. My family are all in the UK so we miss most of the large family gatherings - have a great time!

Maureen said...

Wow, your day starts very early. I'm not a early morning person. Sounds like a fun vacation to remember

Amberley said...

Oh- I'm not an early morning person either- but when you can't get you kid to go back to bed then you have to be!