Wednesday, May 9, 2007

new CK feature

CK has got a new online feature by Candace Stringham. It is all about improving your photography skills. I am really excited about this because I would love to do that, but I don't want to get in to all the technical stuff. I'm sure that Candace will be giving basic and easy to follow hints which are what I like! Here's the first one : "Leading lines are lines in a photograph used to move the viewer’s eye to the subject. Simply by changing your camera angles you can change the direction the lines in the photograph are leading. You could use things in the background like fences, streets, paths, buildings, etc. to create leading lines."
2 tips:
1- use slide mounts as brackets- just cut in half
2- to do faux zigzag stitching on a layout, grab a fine tip marker and a ruler. I mark dots along the ruler at even increments, then move the ruler over to the width that you want the stitch and mark dots the same distance apart- but make sure to slide the ruler a bit so that these dots are between the first ones and not directly beside. Then take your marker and connect the dots. It doesn't have to be perfect- most stitches aren't 100% perfect anyway!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

What great tips. I would like to improve my camera skills also. Love your wonderful layouts. Great colors.

Debbi said...

Very NICE

toners said...

TFS! One of my goals for this year is to improve my photo skills. I'm starting to think I need a hands-on class though :)

Colleen said...

Great tips! What fun layouts too!

Kandis Smith said...

I love that LO with the red ribbon! soooo cute! Thanks for the tips!