Monday, May 14, 2007

hard working


Well, yesterday we all went to my mom's house for Mother's Day. By 'we all' I mean Perry, me and our kids, my grandma, my uncle and two aunts, my sister and my nephew, and one of my cousins, and of course my mom, dad and brother were there. Perry and I got there around 11am and started work on the front gardens. Perry and my mom fixed up a little garden in the front around the tree. I went to work on the garden that ran across the front of the house. It was filled with ivy and it was starting to grow out of the garden and up the house. I trimmed it all to contain it with in the garden and then decided I would just rip it all out! It took probably 8-9 bags to get rid of it all. We reshaped the garden and added some Impatiens. It looks sooo different. We did a bunch of other things. I finished working at 6:15, so I worked about 7 hrs, and during that time I managed to hurt my back again- I originally hurt when I fell skiing last year and it still comes back once in a while. But, I had a really good time, I love being around family and helping at the same time was a bonus. It was really a great day.
Perry got me a great mother's day gift! The surprise was ruined though when I found it Saturday morning. I checked the mail box in the morning and found an envelope in it. My sister in law works at a hotel spa and picked up a gift certificate for a Mother's Day Special (a manicure and pedicure with polish and paraffin, and 1/2 in the whirlpool). Perry told her to put it in the mailbox and he would get it in the morning before I got up. Well, he forgot, so I found it early. I love it though. I can't wait to go and relax a bit! He is so great, I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband.
On the papersquares blog she is doing a Gratitude Project. It sounds like a lot of fun. Every day for a week she is posting 5 things that she is grateful for and they pertain specifically to that day. She's taking pictures each day, and making a mini album at the end of the week. It sounds good to me so I thought I'd give it a try.
Sunday May 13, 2007
1. my mom's family, they are so helpful
2. my mom
3. a warm day
4. beautiful flowers
5. Ethan slept until 7am- what a great Mother's Day gift- he probably hasn't done that in 9 months!!
Oh- and the furnace is still not installed, so the nights are a little chilly!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day and hope your babck is a bit better today!

The gratitude mini book is a great idea! I used to keep a journal and it really does make you appreciate the little things and allow you to see all the wonderful things in your life! Might have to try this too!

Theresa said...

Ooohhh a day at the spa, sounds marvelous and after working in the garden all day, you'll need it!

Jill said...

Sounds like a nice mother's day & great gift!!!