Thursday, May 17, 2007

gratefulness

Romans 8:9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
On Tuesday, our Bible study was leading into a lesson on the fruit of the Spirit. We talked alot about not giving into the flesh, and the 'Christian Struggle' that Paul talks about in Romans 7. But he says, "Thanks be to God", and that thanks is for the Holy Spirit. Because as the above verse says we are not in the flesh IF the Spirit dwells in us. In Galatians 5:16 it says, "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh." God always keeps his promises!

Here is my gratitude list for yesterday
Wednesday May 16, 2007
1. no allergies!
2. lindor chocolates
3. amazing episode of LOST
4. kids went to bed well
5. fun little day trip

We went out of town yesterday, we visited Perry's grandma and went to Costco. Well, the boys wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese. We ended up saying no at the end of the day. One thing that we try to instill in our kids is that they are not going to get something everytime we go to a store or they are not always going to go to 'special' places like Chuck E Cheese everytime we see one. When I was growing up my parents didn't have a lot of extra money and I found I appreciated things more than kids do these days- it drives me nuts when kids get things and they don't even say thankyou let alone feel grateful! Don't get me wrong- our kids definitely get to do alot of fun things with us- going to the park, the beach, we take them on alot of little day trips. Anyways, it just makes me sooo proud when at 2 and 3 yrs old they can calmly accept 'no' (usually, lol). Most of the time they don't give us a problem when we have to leave somewhere fun, I can take the kids down the toy aisle, just to look. I can say 'no' to Chuck E Cheese. They know we'll go another time and there are lots of other fun things we can do.
Happy Thursday!!!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Great gratitude list and can't wait to see what you do with it!

Yellow Fence said...

What a wonderful list. I understand how hard it is to say NO sometimes. But being a good parent doesn't always mean being a fun parent!!!

Shannon

Terry said...

What no entry today (Friday). I look forward to looking at your beautiful blog everyday.

Mom