Sunday, January 21, 2007

recipe


I got this recipe in my email today from scrapmiser. I haven't tried it yet, but can't wait to get the chance.

PAPER CLAY:

INGREDIENTS: 1 cup cornstarch, 2 cups baking soda, 1 1/4 cups coldwater.

METHOD: Sift dry ingredients into saucepan. Add water. Cook on medium heat for approx 5 minutes (stir continuously) or until the mixturethickens and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Removefrom the heat and place onto wax paper. Once the mixture is cool enough to handle knead for at least 5 minutes.

COLOURING: Knead in a small drop of the desired paint colour using apaint that is safe for scrapbooking purposes. OR carefully paint thefinished product after it has dried (be careful you don't use toomuch paint as re adding liquid will take the mixture back to itspre dried characteristics).

STORAGE: Store in an air tight container.


We had a great time at the birthday party yesterday! The kids had so much fun. It was nice to see the whole family (almost!).

My MIL bought me some beautiful flowers today, that just makes me happy!
For the 2peas blog challenge:
I got started in scrapbooking in 2002 ( I think), after my mom started getting into it. I loved all the papers and embellishments and have been in love with looking at designs and different layouts since then. My kids are a great inspiration for pages, although I'm so far behind that I have barely done any pages of our second son - and he'll be two in 2 weeks! I have always been artistic, but never found a way to express that I really enjoyed. I would say that I am just now starting to get really serious about the hobby.

No comments: