Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Letters

I only have a quick minute, so this will be a short post.
I want to start posting more about homeschooling, since I am officially starting to school the kids now.
Gavin has a lot of trouble remember what letters look like and what sounds they make. I had heard great things about Leap Frog's Letter Factory DVD, so we picked it up a few days ago at Target ($9.99).
The kids love it! I was a little afraid they would find it boring, but they have asked to watch it several times in the last 24 hrs. Gavin has been coming up to me and telling me what sounds the letters make! Ethan keeps encouraging Gavin to tell him the sounds.
I would highly recommend this product, but the only downfall is that the letter 'l' in particular is pronounced very strangely in the video- 'ull'. Other than that it is great!

No comments: