Sunday, September 30, 2007

it's been a while...

I just haven't had the desire/time to update lately (sorry, Mom!). I've got a few things to share, first of all- I got an exciting email this morning!!! I've been submitting my scrapbook pages to different sites and magazines, etc for a few months now and I am finally going to get published! It is an online magazine called Ready, Set, Create! I sent in three layouts and and she loved them all and is going to use all three, possibly in two seperate issues. She also told me to send in some holiday work! I'm really excited and I just made this for my online galleries :)
I held a scrapbooking class at our house about two weeks ago and we had to keep the dog outside while everyone was here. Well, we have a creek behind our house and there are always critters coming into our yard. Our dog found one. A stinky one. She was sprayed by a skunk. I brought her in the house after the class, but I didn't notice it right away. While I cleaning up I started to smell it, but I didn't realise that it was coming from Desi! So, she stayed in her crate all night and in the morning I was a little sick so I couldn't smell. Perry came home and told me that the house stunk like a skunk, so we finally checked the dog and the back of her neck was sprayed. By the time we got a recipe to get rid of it (4c peroxide, 1/2c baking soda, couple drops dish washing det.) it was too late to do it, we didn't want her going to bed soaking wet. Even though I felt awful about it had to leave her outside for the night. The next morning we poured the stuff on her. Let it sit for 3 hrs, then rinsed it. She was so good about, but she was shivering like crazy. This is what she looked like after the peroxide was put on but before we rinsed it off:


This is what she normally looks like:

We also bought a hot tub last week! It's not installed yet, hopefully soon. I can't wait!!!

No comments: