Wednesday, August 29, 2007

we found



a little tiny chihuahua in our yard last night! I looked out the window at 6pm and saw him climbing on our porch. Desi was outside, and she likes to chase squirrels, birds and cats, so I freaked. I yelled to Perry to let Desi in, who was right at the door. So, he opened the door and let her in and we all went out to try and catch this little dog. Perry's mom came over right about then for supper, and we were supposed to have Bible Study at 7. So for about 20 min, we tried chasing the dog. He was very scared. Finally, the kids cornered him and I went and grabbed him. He bit me a few times- if you can call it a bite! So, I catch him and we're like 'what now?' We decided to take the dog in the front door and let Desi back out in the yard. We put the Chihuahua in Desi's crate. We went to a few of the neighbours and asked if they knew where it came from. Nobody did. One of the neighbour's daughters said that she would take it if we couldn't find his home. We called the radio station and they aired it, but we haven't heard anything. We didn't have a little collar, so we used a shoelace with some foam beads on it (for cushion) and Desi's leash. When we took him outside, he tried to run away at first, but seemed pretty good after. We brought her in the house and she slept in our shower- we didn't want Desi to know he was still here and also wanted to keep him confined. So, we set up a towel, a newspaper, some food and water. Surprisingly, he actually ate the food. We didn't hear a peep from him all night. He is so adorable, I would love to keep him, but I'm not sure how Desi would react to that. I suppose they would get used to each other eventually. I'm pretty sure Perry doesn't want another dog- although he does seem to think this ones pretty cute. He was calling him 'Cheeko'! I would guess that he weighs no more than 4 lbs! Today, we will probably get him scanned to see if he has a microchip. Then, I don't know.

3 comments:

Shell said...

What a CUTE little dog! I'd be tempted to keep him, too!

toners said...

What a cutie! I have my fingers crossed that he is microchipped and will be reunited with his family :) And if not...then you have a decision to make! :)

butterfly said...

What a nice puppy! I understand you would like to keep him.